- Observer: Mike Cooperstein
- Organization: Forecaster, CAIC
This is a combination of multiple reports of the same incident. Compiled by Mike Cooperstein, CAIC forecaster.
- BC Zone: Front Range
- Area Description: Berthoud Pass Lift Gully.
- Ridgeline Wind Speed: 20-30 mph
- Ridgeline Wind Direction: W
- Wind Loading: Intense
- Sky Cover: Overcast
- Snowpack Description: 24 inches of new snow over facets
- Avalanche Description: We were skiing lift gulley at berthoud pass. This was our 2nd run down lift gulley. With the same entry. 1st skier dropped and dropped fine. 2nd skier dropped and within 3-4 ski turns I witnessed the avalanche. As you can see in the video and photos it was on the skiers left of lift gulley. The 2nd skier was able to ski right and out of the avy path. I decided to side step out to the mainline trail and meet up with the group.
|| 2016/12/11 †
|| Berthoud Pass
|| AS / u