- Observer: Pete Morton
- Organization: Public
Coded in https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/obs/obs_report.php?obs_id=67120
- BC Zone: Vail & Summit County
- Area Description: NE facing slope above -west of- Pass Lake on the South side of Loveland Pass.
- Route Description: I was climbing up (to ski) a low angle gully northwest of Pass Lake and saw two skiers on the ridge. After I skied down I saw three avalanches just after they happened. I observed one skier waist deep and the second skier was below waiting. So I skied to the parking lot and waited for them in case they needed help.
- Weather Description: Sunny blue skies.
- Snowpack Description: Fresh snow in the sun was starting to get a bit heavy with the afternoon temperatures.
- Avalanche Description: I observed two skiers dropping off the ridge above Pass Lake triggering a total of 3 avalanches. See pictures from Pass Lake.