- Spencer Logan and Frank Witmer. 2012. Spatial, Temporal, and Space-Time Analysis of Fatal Avalanche Accidents in Colorado and the United States, 1991 to 2011
- The International Classification for Seasonal Snow on the Ground
- Ethan Greene, Thomas Wiesinger, Karl Birkeland, Cecile Coleou, Alan Jones, and Grant Statham. 2006. Fatal avalanche accidents and forecasted danger levels.
- Scott Toepfer, Leif Borgeson, Bruce Edgerly, Ethan Greene, Peter Inglis, Halsted Morris, Brad Sawtell, Craig Sterbenz. 2006. The spatial distribution and impact on avalanche condition of a dust on snow event in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
- Logan, S., K.W. Birkeland, K. Kronholm, and K. Hansen. 2006. Temporal changes in the slope-scale spatial variability of the shear strength of buried surface hoar layers. Cold Regions Science and Technology. Short version, Full article
- Karl W. Birkeland, Scott Savage, Simon Trautman, Kalle Kronholm, Spencer Logan, and Jurg Schweizer. 2006. Uncertainties in assessing the stability of fractured slopes.
- Birkeland, K.W., K. Kronholm, S. Logan, and J. Schweizer. 2006. Field measurements of sintering after fracture of snowpack weak layers, Geophysical Research Letters.
- Snow, Weather, and Avalanches: Observational guidelines for avalanche programs in the United States, by Ethan Greene and others (hosted by the USFS National Avalanche Center)