Course DetailsMore Info
AIARE Avalanche Rescue
A Stand-Alone Course To Be Retaken Regularly
AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a one-day stand-alone course that is intended to be retaken regularly to keep abreast of best practices in rescue techniques and gear. New participants will learn the basics of companion rescue, while returning participants will expand their skill set with advanced topics and realistic scenario practice to help improve their skills. In addition, each participant will have the opportunity to receive professional coaching and feedback on their rescue skills. All students will receive a rescue card acknowledging the completion date.
- At the end of the Avalanche Rescue course the student should be able to:
- Describe what to do if they or a member of their party is caught in an avalanche.
- Identify and be able to use gear necessary for avalanche rescue.
- Set up a realistic scenario in order to practice an avalanche rescue response.
- Improve their response skills and times during and after the course with feedback from instructors and peers.
- Develop a plan for continuing practice.
AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a prerequisite for the AIARE 2 and Pro 1 courses.
AIARE recommends that all backcountry travelers keep their skills current by taking an Avalanche Rescue Course and receiving a rescue card at least every other year.
If the course date you are interested in is sold out, please contact us to get on the waitlist.