Course DetailsMore Info
DECISION MAKING IN AVALANCHE TERRAIN
Ski & Splitboard Only
(Snowshoers Please See Our Snowshoe Specific Course)
AIARE 1 is a three-day / 24-hour introduction to avalanche hazard management. Students can expect to develop a good grounding in how to prepare for and carry out a backcountry trip, to understand basic decision making while in the field, and to learn rescue techniques required to find and dig up a buried person (if an avalanche occurs and someone in the party is caught).
- At the end of the AIARE 1 course, the student should be able to:
- Develop a plan for travel in avalanche terrain
- Demonstrate the ability to identify avalanche terrain
- Effectively use The AIARE Risk Management Framework to make terrain choices in a group setting
- Demonstrate effective companion rescue
Aspiring professionals need to take AIARE 1 and Avalanche Rescue as a prerequisite for the Pro 1 course.
If the course date you are interested in is sold out, please contact us to get on the waitlist.