Skip to main content
Field Reports Observation Platform:
- New Field Report forms for both short and detailed (with avalanche coding) reports. Users can now save detailed observation drafts before submitting to CAIC.
- Improved user control of field report visibility: Users can now hide their name, their location or their entire observation from public view.
- Location hiding will randomly move the publicly shared location within a set distance so users can share less precise information.
- CAIC staff will still be able to see exact locations, names, and all observations.
- New table and map views for field reports utilizing CAIC's new data API.
- Additional filter options for users.
- Updated map view design and improved speed.
- New table for backcountry avalanches.
- New detailed view of field report observations.
- Improved readability and accessibility across devices.
- Includes map of observation.
- Updated mobile interface to improve navigation on smaller devices. Reduce number of scrollable elements. Allow forecast to use the more screen space.
- Ful-page view of forecast products.
Minor improvements and bug fixes:
- Allow direct upload of videos
- Location awareness on mobile devices
- Improved speed of backcountry avalanches table for large queries.
- Additional improvements to field reports platform.